Monday, January 23, 2012

The laptop where I had the iTunes library broke down. How can I get the information?

When I connect the Ipod to the new laptop it says that it will erase everything and replace it with the new library (which is empty). How can I put, see or manipulate my information in the new laptop?



Thanks!The laptop where I had the iTunes library broke down. How can I get the information?
this is a problem with many people but there is a simple way to get stuff of an ipod first go into itunes (don't sync!) then make sure your ipod is set up for disk usage, then open up the task manager and go to processes then make them alphabetical (click where it says image name) then go down to the "t" or "i" spot (not sure which) then wen you plug your ipod in, in the task manager you will see tunes or itunes, quickly end that process, then you can go to "my computer" and see your ipod there, click it then you will see folders then find music and watever else you need (then will be wierd random letters)copy and paste it to a new folder, then go to the new itunes and add a folder to your library this will unscramble the letters and now you all your music and other things backThe laptop where I had the iTunes library broke down. How can I get the information?
Take the laptop to the Apple store.

They usually are really nice and will get the info off of your Mac.



Thank god you got a Mac - i wouldnt know what to do if you had a PC - i bet wherever you took it to would charge an arm and a leg, and not guarentee to get your data off of your hard drive.



Macs are designed for things like this, and made to save the hard drive so that if the Mac breaks down, that the data is easy to acquire back.The laptop where I had the iTunes library broke down. How can I get the information?
In iTunes' preferences, turn off syncing.



Then plug in your iPod.



Then show hidden files:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorial鈥?/a>

http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2008/04/鈥?/a>



Then you can copy all the songs from your iPod onto your new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment