Monday, January 23, 2012

ITunes: How do I transfer my entire library and playlists from one computer to another?

I just bought a new PC and prior to shutting down my old PC for good, I want to make sure that I can import my entire iTunes library and playlists to the new one.



The details:

- I currently store approx 10,000 songs on my external hard drive (I don't keep any music on my computer's hard drive).

- Of those 10,000 songs, approx 3000 are in my iTunes library right now. My iTunes knows that the location of all my music files are on the external hard drive.

- When I look at all the folders of music that I have in my external hard drive, there is no way (that I know of) to tell which of those songs are in my iTunes library.



So in essence, what I'd like to do is duplicate my entire iTunes experience from my old computer to my new one. I only want the 3000 songs in my library (my iPod can't fit 10,000 songs).



I wish it was as easy as just hooking up my iPod to my new computer, but for some reason, I don't think it works that way. Any suggestions?ITunes: How do I transfer my entire library and playlists from one computer to another?
I think you have to deauthorize the itunes in the old computer then authorize the itunes in the new computer. I think the where the music files are located doesn't matter, but they only can be played on one authorized itunes program at a time. I think, but don't quote on it.



The deauthorization is under the advanced menu.ITunes: How do I transfer my entire library and playlists from one computer to another?
remember when you bought the iTunes thing they gave a CD to you right? well...you can just download it at the new computer and re-download your music..i guess that's the best way to do itITunes: How do I transfer my entire library and playlists from one computer to another?
If you have the right cards, network them with that phone line (but the jack is bigger than regular phone cord/jacks?) type cord and hook both together, share the files and get bumpin! If no networking, just copy to a music CD and then load it onto the hardrive of the other puter. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment