Monday, January 23, 2012

Any suggestions on a resume type for me, a library employee applying internally?

I work at a public library and am applying for a position that is a step above the one I'm currently at. My only jobs have been at the library, so I don't have a lot to list there. As to education, I've only graduated from high school (and it was homeschooling, so don't have a lot there). Most of what I see on the Web has a lot for college and work experience. Any help?Any suggestions on a resume type for me, a library employee applying internally?
try http://www.resumeworld1.com they are really cheap and do some great work with a 24hr turn around time.Any suggestions on a resume type for me, a library employee applying internally?
I would say do a functional resume. List the skills you have, and how you meet the skills required for that job above the one you're at.



In this sort of situation you need to tailor the resume to fit JUST the position you're applying for.



Make it seem like a perfect fit (which, of course, it would be :)Any suggestions on a resume type for me, a library employee applying internally?
Most resume writing services suggest that if a person has either limited work experience or a spotty work history (one with large gaps between periods of employment), that they should prepare a FUNCTIONAL resume as opposed to a chronological one.



A functional resume will enable you to list the skills and responsibilities you have presently, and since you are applying from within, your limited job experience will be less of a detriment to you.



When you look online, use the search terms "functional resume".



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment