Monday, January 23, 2012

How can i transfer my itunes library onto my new laptop?

i have approx. 4,000 songs and i need to transfer ALL of them onto my new laptop. I am a windows user so suggestions MUST be vista compatible. Burning my library onto cds will not work bc i have so much music, neither will a flash drive. Help!How can i transfer my itunes library onto my new laptop?
Five easy steps, and you don't even have to download anything (besides iTunes, of course). You just use your iPod. (trust me it works).





1.) When your iPod is plugged into iTunes on your old computer, check off the box that says "enable disk use". Then you can add music to it using Windows Explorer.



2.) Find your iPod in windows explorer. Drag your music from your iTunes library into your iPod, using windows explorer. If you don't have enough space, restore your iPod, don't add any songs back thru iTunes, and start again at step 1.



3.) In your new computer's iTunes, go Edit%26gt;Preferences%26gt;Advanced%26gt;General, and check off the box that says "Copy files to iTunes music folder when adding to library". You have to do this step or else iTunes will not be able to find the songs when your iPod is unplugged.



4.) Then plug your iPod in, and drag the songs into iTunes from their location in Windows Explorer.



5.) Now sync your iPod to the new computer.



P.S. if you bought some of the songs through the iTunes Store, iTunes will tell you that the songs are "not authorized" to play on your new computer. To fix this, all you have to do is attempt to play one of the songs in iTunes, and then sign in using the account that you purchased the songs with.



You can disable disk use now if you want, or leave it on if you have enough room.

I recommend leaving it on if you can, because it's a very good way to back up your songs if your computer breaks.



How can i transfer my itunes library onto my new laptop?
You can connect your I pod to the laptop and transfer it to the laptop. You have to show hidden files and then you can transfer. Another way to do it is to buy a a wire to connect both PC's togethor then you can transfer through that.



Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment