Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is there a way to extract and use only a portion of the jQuery library?

I am doing an autosuggest search box using jQuery. However, I am currently including the jQuery library script into my code to make it happen. Is there a way to extract only the portion of the jQuery library that I need for the autosuggest ability? If so, how do I find out what portion do I need?



Or do I really must include the whole shabang? I mean, the script does takes up a lot of space and therefore takes the browser longer to load?Is there a way to extract and use only a portion of the jQuery library?
The core jQuery library is 29K. That's not very big at all. The AUSU autosuggest is only 3.2K



http://plugins.jquery.com/project/autosu鈥?/a>



So.. 32K... That doesn't hardly seem worth the trouble to meIs there a way to extract and use only a portion of the jQuery library?
Use the minified version - cuts down and space and load time.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment