Thursday, January 19, 2012

What are the advantages of buying books over borrowing them from the library??

People say that all knowledgable people own some books. I read a lot but only borrow them from the library but do not own much. What are the advantages of owning books over borrowing?What are the advantages of buying books over borrowing them from the library??
Well, there are some books you need of your own, notably a dictionary.



There are some books you'll want to read and reread



There are some books that your library won't have or get



There are some books you don't want the woman behind the counter to know you read - especially since in the US the government can get to know what you're reading thanks to the Patriot Act.



There are some books you may want to write in



There are some books that are so damn cheap, it's even cheaper than a trip to the library (hell the bus fare is about 4$ where I live)



There are some books you'll love so much you won't want to give them back



BUT for the rest of the books of the world, go to the library and suck it dry.
I have them from now own and to let others we help read! byeWhat are the advantages of buying books over borrowing them from the library??
You get to keep the books you buy (unless you sell them in the future).
Library books are full of boogers.What are the advantages of buying books over borrowing them from the library??
Not all books are worth owning, but some are.





Reason 1. If they are books you want to reference regularly.





Reason 2. If you want to underline, write insightful notes in the margin.



Reason 3. If they are books you know you will want to read more than once or even twice.
Owning them and having access to them in more convinient times.
You can have access to your books without sometimes waiting for them, especially popular books which have a long reserved list for users to borrow them. You also have immediate access if you wanted to read them - you don't have to go to the library to pick up your favourite novel.
Well bought books are newer and never used and you don't have to return them if you like them. It is still good to borrow books from the library for several reasons.
They are available to read over %26amp; over, or to refer back to. You can loan them to friends.

In fact, all my books are LIKE friends to me, and I can't bear to part with them!
Great in the future when you need some money, you can have a garage sale.
NONE REALLY. KEEP GOING TO THE LIBRARY. WHEN YOU READ A BOOK THAT YOU WOULD REALLY REALLY LIKE TO OWN START A WISH LIST.



YOU ARE REALLY TOO YOUNG TO AFFORD AN EXTENSIVE LIBRARY AND YOU DON'T REALLY NEED ONE AT THIS TIME.



AS TIME GOES BY YOUR LITERARY TASTES FLUCTUATE.



BUY YOUR BOOKS AS YOU CAN AFFORD THEM.

.



WHATEVER YOU DO.........DO NOT STOP READING.....EVER!
the only thing that i find well about it is you do not have a time limit as to when to return the book you can read the book when you want and if you have friend who wants to read it and it is out of the library you can give to your friend
I like to buy hard back books every now and then and take the jackets off because I think they look nice in bookshelves. If I do end up buying a paperback book I always write my name in it and pass it around to people so that I will get it back. If I think it is worth a shot I might try to sell it on ebay.
I only buy the books I know I'm going to read over and over again and I also have a small collection of classic books from garage sales just because I like having them. I do not pay full price for many books, mainly just books in serieses that I read or ones I've already read (from the library) and know I'll read many times.
You have the option of reading them whenever you want, but that's alright if you get most of your books from the library, that's what I do. I don't get to the store that much and I'm not a rich person, so it's easier for me to borrow them. So if that's what's easier for you then go ahead.
Convenience. If I borrow a book from the library and I really enjoy it then I'll try and buy it so I can reread it anytime I want to without having to go back to the library. Also there's no time limit and no possibility of forgetting to return the books and having to pay a fine.
If you own the book and want to reread it, it costs alot less in gas!
I own a large number of books because I like to reread my favorite novels. Others like gardening books or golf books are nice to have on hand, so I can refer to them for information.

I also use my local library heavily, because I could never afford to own all the books I'd like to read. Fortunately I can reserve books online and they call me when it comes in. Some books I don't want to keep once I've seen them or read them. Getting them from the library lets me preview. When I have money, I go ahead and buy the ones I like best.
If you own a book you can read it over and over again without returning it or worrying about late fees. But I also like borrowing books. I buy my favorites, and get the rest from the library.
I only borrow from the library when I am not sure if I will enjoy a book and if I do I go and buy it and add it to my collection.
If you borrow, you save a bundle of cash, but on the other hand, if you own books, they are always at hand if you need to refer to them for any reason.



I like having books around. I love the smell and feel of them. And most importantly, I love to read. It's the only way you can set off on an adventure without leaving your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment