Thursday, January 19, 2012

Any tips on developing a library system for my office?

We are a new office and we are starting to order in books and resources and I am thinking that a library system should probably be implemented but I am not sure where to start.



Thanks for your help!Any tips on developing a library system for my office?
What kind of office is it - Programming/Design?



I order my books like this:

- all basic design books together

- then each program/software type together

ex. photoshop, illustrator, flash, javascrip, html, css, java, visual basic, etc.



then in each catagory if you want to be real picky or have a lot of books in each, alphabetize by author or title or just put in order of publish date (since this can pretty important when programming) or version number (again, it's best to have the latest %26amp; greatest, but if someone has the best/newest one checked out, they can choose the next best/newest one)

No comments:

Post a Comment