Monday, January 23, 2012

Have you ever stolen a book from the library?

I found out that my housemate does this a lot! It think it's awful, it stops so many other people from the reading the book and library resources are limited enough already.Have you ever stolen a book from the library?
No!I have not!I agree with you ;Your housemate spoils it for the rest of us!!Not forgetting the ratepayer who have to pay for his 'forgetfulness'.Others might have another word for it!!
Since this already has the best answer I will just say something in the comments! I accidently stole one. I forgot to turn it in and 3 years later I found it while spring cleaning. They moved out of state a long time ago.

Report Abuse

Have you ever stolen a book from the library?
I would take them and put them in the return chute. That is lousy behavior, those books belong to you and me. Besides, they let you renew them umpteen times online.
yes i haveHave you ever stolen a book from the library?
No because in our libary if don't take a book back then you get fined
Oh my gosh...no. That's awful. (I've returned them late, lol, but *stolen*...never.)
No i haven't, why bother stealing it when you can check it out for free (or at least at my library you can) it just puts other people in positons that they need a book and some dimwit stole the book when they could've takin 3 minutes to check it out for free. that has happened to me before and the person got arrested. i still often think about that because why didn't the person just check it out?? idk it's a no brainer to me. and yes i agree with you that is just wrong tell him/her to stop doing that!
why the h### would someone in their right mind(AHA) , oops nevermind answered that one myself!!!!
there was a strange lady from these parts, Stratford Upon Avon to be exact who passed away 5 years ago, on visiting her home they found it full of books from libraries through out the UK but especially locally. On the inside cover of every single book was written "From God to Jessie". This is a terrible waste of the public funds but i can't help feeling it may have been what her existence was about so feel sympathy for her. I know this isn't what you were getting at but thought you might like the tale. x
yes sadly but it was school library books and only about seven ppl went to it
During a move, a library book got mixed in with my own books, got packed %26amp; because I didn't have room for many books in my new place, the box was not unpacked. It sat in the basement til I moved again, allmost 12 years later. This time the box was unpacked %26amp; i found the library book. I took it back %26amp; apologized, because I had sworn that the book was returned all those years ago. They thought it was hilarious, %26amp; just said thanks for bringing it back.
yeah but i couldnt find where it was when it needed to be returned,when i found it i did take it back and had a huge fine to pay. =(
Smack your housemate around the head for me. Doing things like that stops everyone enjoying books, and is just... generally very greedy.

I certainly haven't stolen a book from the libary. But when I was five or six I lost one from the school library- I got so upset and worried about it!
hmmm, possibly. There was a book (the third in a trilogy) that I couldn't track down to buy (and I tried everywhere). My library ordered it in for me from a different city. The book hadn't been borrowed in more than a year and I know that when a book sits on the shelf for that long without being borrowed they sell it off for 20p. I told them that I'd lost the book and paid the cover price.

Does that count as stealing? I've felt guilty about it ever since...
YURPPPP...

WAS A SCHOOL LIBARY THOUGH.
Ive accidently forgotton to return it then found it ages later, they didnt seem to notice so i just kept it.
No way jose, I would never do that, I'm not a thief.



OMG, She must be an awful woman.
I certainly haven't! I agree, really awful! Is there a way you colud return the books?
No I havent, and you might want to keep an eye on your personal belongings as well!
I tried to steal a computer. They caught me. (sigh)
no, but i did owe alot on fees for late return, so i sent my son in with it and told him to tell her that his mum would be in later to pay it, i've not done it yet and that was 6 yrs ago,
no inever go to a library but if you wanna get her in trouble tell the library about it
No I haven't!
No never!
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment