Thursday, January 19, 2012

If i work at a library can i also do my Homework?

Im 15 and attend highschool, i really need cash but my school gives around 3 hours of hw. So i was planning to work at the library since it seemed convienent finish putting things away then the pc access and all the books in the world.If i work at a library can i also do my Homework?
My library has only one job that I can think of in which doing your homework while working would be appropriate: internet help desk attendant. Every other job that I have observed has busy work portions or requires a degree which, at 15, I doubt that you've earned.



For instance, shelvers after shelving, need to read the shelves for correct order, empty the trash cans, replace scratch paper in holders, clean the copier screen, etc. If you regularly got finished with everything, they'd cut your hours, and if you had too few hours, they'd just allow books to be backed up longer rather than add more.



The only exception to that would be at a very small branch someplace in which the policy was that for safety no one was allowed to work alone and you would be a de facto security guard.



Best of luck with your job and your schooling.If i work at a library can i also do my Homework?
First of all, check to see if the library you're planning to work for will actually pay you. A lot of libraries are volunteer-run, at least in my town, so it might not be what you're looking for. If it is a paying job, though, it depends of your supervisors whether you will be able to use the computers and books for personal stuff while on the job. I would go for it if I were you.If i work at a library can i also do my Homework?
That is completely up to your manager. If you work alone, make sure there is nothing to do (i.e. books to organize/put away), then I see nothing wrong with it. As long as you are aware of whats happening in the library.



i feel your pain with the homework, im the same age and i get the same amount. whether or not i do the homework is another thing. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment